data logging help

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

Ash-b-84

data logging help

Post by Ash-b-84 »

what can I use to read the data to add to a video I have trued race render and dashware but both don't recognise the fle from the racecapture as it needs to be a csv file , how do I convert it as I am on the latest firmware an race anylizer doesn't work yet

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ash,

You should be able to use RaceRender to process those files; the log file is in CSV format. You can rename the file to .csv and try importing. Note the first column is the timestamp which should be used to synchronize the video.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Ash-b-84

Post by Ash-b-84 »

Thanks again , totally new
To all this so I don't even know what to do with the time stamp , is there a quick guide you could give to a complete novice as I'm
Struggling quite a bit , I did manage to import the file and add in a total run time but the gauges etc just did nothing they were set to automatic on racerender

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ash,

We're checking around with the people who have already done this. Sounds like this could be a good addition to our documentation! :D
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

jeffeggy

Post by jeffeggy »

I've had lots of success with getting RaceRender 3 to read the RCP log files. I'm using the Ultimate edition, not sure if that matters. I only had 1 issue with importing files into RaceRender 3 where I needed to delete the first few lines of the captures. I think RaceRender needs the first samples to have the Longitude and Latitude in there.

I can write up a quick tutorial if requested... And get an example project if needed as well.

Here is an example of a fully rendered film... Ignore my bad driving still learning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr3tJskXR6U

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

I've also not had success loading the raw RCP files into RaceRender (free version). Instead, I've been loading the output of the perl .log to .csv conversion script into RaceRender. That seems to work without issue.
Josh

Ash-b-84

Post by Ash-b-84 »

How do you do that mate ? Mine is a .log file on the sd card from the race capture

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

See this thread for info on the perl .log to .csv conversion script:

http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=3731
Josh