Serial telemetry streaming via LUA or BT spoof. Fast enough?

Discussion on the Lua Scripting capabilities for RaceCapture/Pro. Also see the <a href="http://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro_Lua_Scripting">Lua Scripting Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

For connecting things to the RJ11, make sure you're using RS232 signaling. regular UART signaling won't work (and may damage components that expect just UART / TTL signaling ).

A good test would be to USB to serial adapter to the serial port and test it with a terminal program.

Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

zechdz

BT connection trigger

Post by zechdz »

Could you point me to the trigger that starts the BT connection?

I have managed to sometimes get my esp module to get the AT command and spoof the BT telemetry.

However, the NodeMCU code of the module prints out a bunch of stuff on boot, which the RCP is interpretting as non "OK" messages since the NodeMCU boots with UART interactive mode. My first few lines of code (after a small wait to prevent infinite lock out) is to disable interactive UART and to disable print statements.

By the time my code is reached RCP is already done looking for bluetooth and won't search again until I disconnect and reconnect my module.

Is there a way to retrigger BT search? Anything my module can send over the UART line to get the RCP to try again?

Thanks
vroom

zechdz

Post by zechdz »

Just found this

https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... 798c79ea55
* Add re-try logic to the baud probing. Because the unit can't move
as fast as we do. Thus we need to be a bit flexible.

Any idea what version this might come out in?
vroom

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

What I would recommend doing is plugging your device into the Aux serial port (the outermost RJ11 port). That is reserved exclusively for use by Lua - no built in firmware code talks to it. Then, you'll be able to send the appropriate commands to control your device, or whatever else you need.

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

zechdz

Post by zechdz »

Ok I can give that a try. Maybe thats the best for my immediate needs. :)
vroom