Will next RCP control GoPro Session cam?

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

ushgeo

Will next RCP control GoPro Session cam?

Post by ushgeo »

The new GoPro Session is a great looking, feature-rich, economical camera. But will it integrate with the next RCP?
NASA GTS3 Racing
2000 Porsche 996 Ex Grand Am Series Race Car
2005 Porsche 997 C2S - Atlas Grey - R.I.P.
2012 Audi S4 Prestige - Sold
2006 BMW 330i Sport - Sold

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi-

If it supports the same wifi protocol as the current GoPro cameras, then we'll be able to control it using the Wifi add on as seen in our recent kickstarter campaign. This will work with current MK2 and the new RaceCapture seen in the kickstarter campaign.

Note, this interface was reversed engineered and gopro does not provide a supported API like Garmin, Sony etc.

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

agershon

Post by agershon »

brentp wrote:Hi-

If it supports the same wifi protocol as the current GoPro cameras, then we'll be able to control it using the Wifi add on as seen in our recent kickstarter campaign. This will work with current MK2 and the new RaceCapture seen in the kickstarter campaign.
If i understand this correctly, WiFi can be added to MKII units? I assumed we'd have to wait for MKIII to get WiFi.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, Wifi Will be availble soon for MK2, and a lua script will be available that can start/stop gopros using the wifi connection. The wifi adapter will plug in next to the bluetooth module.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

agershon

Post by agershon »

brentp wrote:Hi, Wifi Will be availble soon for MK2, and a lua script will be available that can start/stop gopros using the wifi connection. The wifi adapter will plug in next to the bluetooth module.
First, thanks for the lightning fast response.

I'd like to avoid to many external pieces. Will the WiFi module be integrated into the MKIII?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

To avoid setting expectations, we unfortunately can't comment on what we may or may not do on future products. thanks for understanding!

agershon

Post by agershon »

Understood 8)