Having problems viewing data using racecapture app

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

stieg

Post by stieg »

1) It does transition into the status of loading files, but then if freezes up at this point. I can close and reopen the app, and the laps are there in the analysis page, and all the data seems to be present. Shouldn't the system automatically return to the analysis page once the data has been loaded?
Did you delete the other "bad" sessions before you loaded in the fixed one. I hit this locally too and its a side-effect of the bug. Try deleting EVERYTHING and then reloading in the working log file. That is how I got things to work.
2) I am using a user defined track. When I go into the heat map portion, I can't get back to my track layout. It only gives me predefined tracks.

3) The analysis graph at the bottom does not seem to have a scale to it. It is just a straight line. Is there a way to adjust the graph scale for each pin that you are looking at? I can see the data in the text box change, and the dot does move around the track.
I don't have an answers for you on these. I'll ping Brent and ask him to come comment here.
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Joe,

Could you try deleting the data store and re-start the app? The path to the datastore should be listed under system status page.

I'm thinking maybe the original introduction of the channel name having the embedded space might be lingering.

Let us know what you find out-

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

Deleted the datastore file, the laps now appear to load correctly. Still not able to change charting scale, or switch back and forth between the user defined track and the heat map.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Glad you got further.

When you say 'user defined track' do you mean that you set up a custom start/finish point with auto track detection turned off?

Could you email your log file to [email protected] so we can re-create what you're seeing?

Editing the channel scales is on the near-term to-do list for the 1.5.0 release. See #772 on this list:
https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... ne%3A1.5.0
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

Hi Brent,

Yes, that is correct. Track detection turned off with a user defined start/finish line using the GPS selection tool.

One other question. Is there a way to increase the radius of the start/finish line. Through some trial and error I did playing around with it, it looks like the widest start/finish line you can get is about 60 feet. I need something closer to 75 feet to make sure I capture the entire width of the track.

Thanks,

Joe

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Joe,

Currently the radius is fixed. So you have a start finish line that's 150 feet wide? Which race track is that?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter