Getting laps to show up in GEMS project explorer

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

cooper2006

Getting laps to show up in GEMS project explorer

Post by cooper2006 »

I am using the Perl script to convert the log files to stf files, and the individual laps are not showing up in the GEMS project explorer window. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something special that you have to do prior to loading the files to GEMS, or is there some configuration in GEMS to make this work that I am not doing?

Olaaf

Post by Olaaf »

I have the same issue, only 1 large lap is shown and i don't see a way to set a marker... any ideas?

PS14

Post by PS14 »

Did you add a lap or split beacon to your map? Heres a link to the gems forum topic on the subject:

http://www.gems.co.uk/gemsforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=707

Olaaf

Post by Olaaf »

Yeah, i followed the instructions, but no luck.. i've attached a screengrab of the error code..
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (250.17 KiB) Viewed 3718 times

MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Can you attach your log file (the final stf file for the GEMS and maybe also the base csv file)?

Olaaf

Post by Olaaf »

Yes, thanks very much- log files (4 files, from each step of the process) are here for download:

http://www.flyingratms.com/downloads

note, the base log file for thunderhill came from viewtopic.php?t=3696

Olaaf

Post by Olaaf »

Has anybody been able to get a log file from RCP into Gems with laps? could you post it? This is my only hurdle from making the jump back into RCP- real analysis software support.

PS14

Post by PS14 »

Olaaf, I got one I can post later tonight, when I get home from work. I played with the thunder hill file a little. what were your lap times? were they around 2min15sec ? Dave

Olaaf

Post by Olaaf »

OK, thanks. I don't know the laptimes- it's not my file, just a sample log i downloaded from AutosportLabs dropbox sample log folder.. 2:15 sounds right for Thunderhill, though.

PS14

Post by PS14 »

ok so i uploaded a zip file to my google drive and included a shared link below. so you should be able to download it. it has my log file and template. i use the GEMS software from AEM. i cant remember if this log was one were i told RCP the start/finish line or not. but you can see the "line" of all 12 laps, but the times are not acurrate. i think thats because its a 4/10 oval and gps timing is to far off. but you can see were i have things set in the template. hope it helps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2i_k4 ... sp=sharing

Olaaf

Post by Olaaf »

OK, thanks! finally figured it out, it was an issue with setting the lap beacon range and time window to sometime much smaller (the defaults overlapped the entire range of the log file). still need to work on adding the beacon at the exact start/finish line, but will work through that.