Sensor Scaling Issues

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

cooper2006

Sensor Scaling Issues

Post by cooper2006 »

I tried posting this in the hardware section and could not get a response.

I am having some issues with scaling some sensors. The issue is on channels 2 and 3. They do not seem to be reading the incoming voltage signal correctly. I am measuring the return voltage using a voltage meter at the plug and getting the expected 0 to 5 volt return when stroking the sensor (linear pots); however, the system is only reading values from around 0.5 volt to 3 volts when they should be 0 to 5. I used the direct 0 to 5 scaling option to view the return voltage on the dashboard to see what the system thinks is getting returned. I replicated this process on all other channels using the same sensor and wiring setup while only moving the input wires to different channels and all other channels work correctly. Is this something that I will need to send the unit back in to be repaired? Could this possibly be a bad plug? I frequently remove and reinstall the box since the class we race in does not allow data acquisition during feature race events. We only use it during hot laps and other designated testing sessions. If I have to send it in, what is the process for doing this?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Can you try it with your analog channel set to raw input mode (no map or scaling)?

One way to double check it is:

* Configure the channel as raw (and write the config back to RCP)
* jumper input to ground. Should show close to 0v
* jumper input to 5v. Should show close to 5v.

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter