GPS not working

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

turtlesharkshooter

No luck w new antenna

Post by turtlesharkshooter »

turtlesharkshooter wrote:
brentp wrote:The GPS creep can happen as the GPS locks on and satellites are acquired, then it will stabilize. GPS is an incredibly complex process, presented in a simple way. The key metrics for quality are the GPSQual, GPSSats, and GPSDOP indictors.

For GPSQual you want 2 or 3 for best performance; GPSSats - 8-11 satellites; GPSDOP - smaller number = better (DOP = Dilution of Precision)

You can get an antenna on Amazon for relatively inexpensively, just ensure they have a SMA connector.

Let us know from additional testing; happy to take a look at the unit directly again too. Just let us know.
I ordered a new GPS antenna w 28 db booster. At least I will be able to rule that out. I'll update you once I get installed.

Tane

Yeah, no joy. I'd like to get it back to the lab and have the mad scientists check it out. Lemme know if I can just send it back tomorrow. My next event isn't till mid November.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Absolutely. Let's get this resolved.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

turtlesharkshooter

Still having GPS issues with the box

Post by turtlesharkshooter »

brentp wrote:Absolutely. Let's get this resolved.
Hey Brent.

Finally had a moment to reinstall the repaired box. Made sure I only finger tightened the gps antenna connector. As usual, I didn't get GPS signal. I had the latest version of RCP on windows laptop though the firmware was not the latest version on RCP2 box. I did update the firmware to RCP2 box and still no GPS. I left everything connected and drove an hour in clear weather and still no GPS signal. The antenna was on the back deck center maybe an inch south of the hardtop.

I will download log and post it up in the morning.

Tane