Simple 12 volt sensor from wiring loom - Analog input

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

NickR

Simple 12 volt sensor from wiring loom - Analog input

Post by NickR »

I want to record when the brake pedal is pressed simply and cheaply on my car. I tapped into the brake light and can connect this to one of the spare analog channels I have. I will get 12 volts when pedal pressed and this will drop to 0v when released. I only want on-off effectively which combined with the gps in analysis mode will show when drivers brake which is all I need.
I am unclear if sending 12 volts to the mk2 pro will cause problems given its 0-5 Volt input. I saw '5' volts pressing very briefly which is what I want.
The specification states it has Voltage protection 400v (intermittent) but not sure what that actually means if I am sending it say 9-15 volts
Bristol - UK

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

They analog inputs are protected up to 40 volts. This is the same setup I have on my car, an analog input hooked to the brake switch.