Bugs with Mac OS X

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
dimondjack

Bugs with Mac OS X

Post by dimondjack »

I've got two bugs which are fairly annoying with the analysis section of the RCP app.

1. The cursor on the graph moves a 1/2x the pace of my mouse. This means that I can't ever actually look at the values on the second half of any lap because my mouse runs out of screen when the cursor is at 50% of the lap.

2. The sessions tab seemingly bounces closed after only a tiny amount of paused time. It is super hard to pick a lap because you have to constantly scroll to get the thing to stay open. It takes me 3-4 tries to pick a lap.

Thanks!

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

Following up with this, I can open the log file and see that there is a 1:43.99 listed as a lap time. However, in the analysis software the fastest lap is listed as a 1:44.9 and the lap which my co-driver was fastest on is missing! The sessions tab jumps from lap 14 to lap 16.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, thanks for reporting this. I recall we did face and resolve an issue regarding the mouse-over issue you're seeing. At least we solved it for one case we saw.

It might be related to display DPI - what version of OSX are you running and what computer and display do you have?

For the session drop down, does the dropdown stay open if your mouse pointer is hovering right over it, after it pops down?

Regarding the lap data - can you upload it to http://dropcanvas.com and we can take a look at it?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

I'm running 10.12.2, I have a 15 inch macbook pro from late 2015 (top of the line). My display is 2880x1800.

The dropdown does not stay open even if my mouse is hovering over it. It will only stay open if I'm actively scrolling up or down. I have about 1 second to click on a lap after stopping scrolling.

Data set with the weird lap time (lap 15 is missing) is here: http://dropcanvas.com/czmfh

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thank you.

Purely as a test, would you be able to change your display resolution to a non high DPI setting to test to see if it behaves differently?

We'll take a look at the file shortly.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, I looked at the data. It looks like the missing lap might be because you drove through hot pits, and missed the start/finish point as a result. this made it look like it registered two laps, and you'll see that when you select lap 16.

Here's a screen shot showing the line being different (lower) suggesting the path through hot pits:
http://i.imgur.com/dS56de0.png

Does this make sense with what transpired that day?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

Changing the resolution to the lowest available didn't fix the cursor problem.

As far as the lap time, I see what you see in terms of the going through the pits on the graph, but that doesn't match what I see in the log file (when opening in excel). If I look at the minimum lap time (1.733) it is listed for lap 15. 1.7333 comes out to a 143.9x which matches my transponder lap time of 143.959.

Looking at my transponder information again, it's actually the following two laps which are separated by a trip through the hot pits.

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

It also may help, my transponder times are:
1:44.806
1:43.959
4:23.623
2:14.503
1:47.519

In the analysis program my laps are listed as:
14 - 1:44.802
16 - 6:38.100
17 - 1:47.502

In the data file the lap times are listed as:
14 - 1.7467
15 - 1.7333
16 - 6.635
17 - 1.7917

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks. If you load that 6~ minute lap, it loops around the track twice, so RaceCapture missed the start/finish line on that lap. That it dipped below made it look like it went through hot pits, which is why I asked.

Thanks too for the mac update, we'll work on some diagnosis. Hate to say it, but can you run it on a windows computer in the meantime?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

The 6 minute lap isn't actually what I'm worried about, it's the fact that the 1:43.9 lap (lap 15) isn't showing in analysis but does show in in the data file (and in my transponder lap times). The fact that it didn't recognize a lap while going through the pits between the following two laps doesn't bother me. The lap before my driver came in happened to be his fastest, so I'd like to be able to look at it.

I have a windows computer I can use, but it isn't my primary computer.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Got it - I'll dig into why it's not showing that lap in particular. Thanks!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

jon_foote

App not launching

Post by jon_foote »

I have downloaded and installed RaceCapture v1.9.0 to my MacBook Pro which is running El Capitan 10.11.6, 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

It downloaded and installed fine and I set my privacy settings to allow apps downloaded from anywhere. But every time I try to open the app, nothing happens. I've tried launching it from launchpad and from the applications folder in finder but neither works. I even tried booting into safe mode, app still won't launch. Even tried a new user account and nothing happened.

Anyone else have an issue like this or have any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your time.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Unfortunately it looks like we had a bad build on the latest OSX app. Steps to resolve:

* Un-install the RaceCapture app that's failing to run
* Delete the bad 1.9.0 installer you had previously downloaded (recommended so you don't download again )
* Download and re-install from http;//podium.live/software

That should fix it. let us know if that works for you. Thanks, and sorry for the hassle.

jon_foote

Post by jon_foote »

brentp wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately it looks like we had a bad build on the latest OSX app. Steps to resolve:

* Un-install the RaceCapture app that's failing to run
* Delete the bad 1.9.0 installer you had previously downloaded (recommended so you don't download again )
* Download and re-install from http;//podium.live/software

That should fix it. let us know if that works for you. Thanks, and sorry for the hassle.
I must have done that about 5 times and it didn't work. Just tried it again and it works. App is launching just fine now. Thank you for your help!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Helps for us to have an actually working installer uploaded! Thanks for your patience. :)
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter