iPhone Wi-Fi connection not stable

Q&A for the RaceCapture Plug & Play - general hardware related usage and operation; for app related questions please post in the RaceCapture app section.

also see the <a href="https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapture_Quickstart">RaceCapture quick start guide</a>
dewittpayne

iPhone Wi-Fi connection not stable

Post by dewittpayne »

The connection can be difficult to make in the first place. I get a lot of 'searching for 192.168.4.1' then 'connecting' immediately followed by searching again. This happens even when iPhone Wi-Fi settings shows the RaceCapture Wi-Fi connected.

Even when a connection is made, it may not last. That, in turn, starts a new session. I have at least a dozen separate sessions from an autocross this weekend and it's hard to tell which ones have laps in them or not. hat's particularly true when it seems I can't delete a session from the analysis window.

Course setup was nice, but the one run I've found so far didn't stop at the finish point, although it started OK. The course plot was shifted a little compared to the course I walked during setup, but not so much that it should have missed the finish line.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi - can you confirm the version of the firmware you are running? I'm wondering if you're using an older version that had the issue of causing RaceCapture to periodically reset, causing the WiFi connection to drop.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

The firmware version was 2.10.2.

The beta version of Harry's Laptimer that should be able to communicate with the RaceCapture device should be available shortly and I can see if the connection is stable then. Until there's a way to download files to a PC from your iOS app, it's not much use to me.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Understood. We're working to get the 1.9.0 app out soon, and then we're putting this at a very high priority.

We're researching the best way iOS apps use for sharing files; one of them is iTunes file sharing. The other is email attachments. Other suggestions are welcome as well.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Dropbox is another possibility.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks - thought about that as well.
Brent Picasso