RaceCapture App Missing 'msvcr100.dll Error and Resolution

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
Bryan@UnderbiteRacing

RaceCapture App Missing 'msvcr100.dll Error and Resolution

Post by Bryan@UnderbiteRacing »

For some reason, my installation of the RaceCapture 1.8.0 app on my track-only Windows 10 laptop decided to stop working. I got an error message when trying to start the program stating that msvcr100.dll was missing. I don't know why it worked initially and suddenly stopped, but I assumed it was due to more recent removal of some unneeded Windows features. However, even after a clean reinstall of Windows 10, I was getting the same error.

I contacted Brent P and got a quick reply with reference to the following site:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windo ... e-3589464/

By following the guidance there and with some trial and error, I was able to get the RaceCapture app up and running again. Here's exactly what I had to do...
  • Download latest version of 32-bit msvcr100.dll from DLL-Files.com
  • Place the msvcr100.dll file in the RaceCapture app installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\RaceCapture...)
That worked for me and hopefully saves someone some trouble / frustration down the road.

Thanks Brent.

Cheers,
Bryan[/list]

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for sharing this; we'll work to get this DLL included in the next release!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

jeffmcaffer

Post by jeffmcaffer »

A bit better than downloading a dll from a random place on the internet is to get it directly from Microsoft. This dll is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable 2010. Head over to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=5555, download and install. Racecapture fired up fine for me after doing that.
Pro3 #24

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Jeff,

Thanks for the update. However, when I go to that link, I get an error that says "the download is no longer available". Odd. Do I need to be logged in to see it?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

jeffmcaffer

Post by jeffmcaffer »

Sigh, the forum link rendering included the trailing ',' as part of the link. Here is an updated version
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=5555
Pro3 #24

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

whoops, should've caught that. Thanks!

Did you find that you needed to add 1 -- or 2 of those DLLs in two different places to get it to work?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

jeffmcaffer

Post by jeffmcaffer »

Nope. I just downloaded and installed. Then ran RCP just fine. Someone else should verify just to be sure.
Pro3 #24

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I think the key is how we can bundle this with our installer, I'll have to do some research if our installer provides a way to include this redistributable package.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

jeffmcaffer

Post by jeffmcaffer »

I believe you can just include the dll in the app folder. If you are distributing an MSI you can get a "merge module" (msm) for the redistributable and include that in your MSI. That should do "all the right things".

See also https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299.aspx for some more general info on redist of C components.
Pro3 #24

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks. Did you put the DLL in your app folder, or in system32? If you can confirm on your end that would be helpful for us. Also, I can emulate the conditions on my end by temporarily renaming / disabling the file.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

jeffmcaffer

Post by jeffmcaffer »

I just installed using the downloaded installer. Don't know where it went. No file copying, no files in the app folder etc. Running the installer makes the dll available to all it seems. I see the file in system32 but the date is old/original so its hard to tell when it was put there. Perhaps on your machine if you look and then install you can tell if the installer is putting it in system32?
Pro3 #24

GTIspirit

Post by GTIspirit »

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of RaceCapture app for Windows and had the same problem.
Windows 1.11.0 - https://autosportlabs-software.s3-us-we ... 1.11.0.exe

Downloaded and copied the msvcr100.dll into the RaceCapture app directory and everything seems to work fine. :D

basickinatl

Post by basickinatl »

GTIspirit wrote:I just downloaded and installed the latest version of RaceCapture app for Windows and had the same problem.
Windows 1.11.0 - https://autosportlabs-software.s3-us-we ... 1.11.0.exe

Downloaded and copied the msvcr100.dll into the RaceCapture app directory and everything seems to work fine. :D
Just an FYI.

Same issue with the DLL on Windows 10. Downloaded and installed the Visual C++ Redistributable 2010.

Did not have to copy any files anywhere. App opened right up with no issues.

chumbaside

Post by chumbaside »

I have the same issue and I'm struggling to resolve it...

Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.
All updates applied.
C++ Redistributable applied

I get the "msvcr100.dll missing" error when launching RaceCapture v1.11. I've tried adding the .dll file to the RaceCapture directory and that results in a "program cannot launch" error!

Can anyone help me get the app up and running? It was working previously on Win 7, same setup.

(I hate Windows, this is why I use a Mac in every other part of my life! But for track use I use a PC as it hosts my ECU software too :-( )

chumbaside

Post by chumbaside »

chumbaside wrote:I have the same issue and I'm struggling to resolve it...

Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.
All updates applied.
C++ Redistributable applied

I get the "msvcr100.dll missing" error when launching RaceCapture v1.11. I've tried adding the .dll file to the RaceCapture directory and that results in a "program cannot launch" error!

Can anyone help me get the app up and running? It was working previously on Win 7, same setup.

(I hate Windows, this is why I use a Mac in every other part of my life! But for track use I use a PC as it hosts my ECU software too :-( )
I fixed it!

After numerous reinstallations of C++, still nothing. I tried putting the .dll in the application folder - nope.

So I downloaded the .dll from

https://fix4dll.com/download?file=msvcr ... E53FDC7D65

I added this to the RaceCapture folder and - voila! All working fine.

I wonder if there was an issue with the version of the .dll file that was installed?