AX segment timing

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
cwilson

AX segment timing

Post by cwilson »

I'm wondering if it's really possible to do segment timing while using the Auto Cross application. I see where you can send data to the Podium, but I'm not sure that it would allow any segment analysis. It would be nice to analyze time in specific corners or perhaps solums as well as the overall AX time. Is that possible using just RaceCapture?

chuck

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, You can identify certain points on the track as 'sectors' which are individually timed and stored in the data. Here's an example of defining sector points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekTP0x-aCHs

We're working on making visualizing the data more effective in both the app as well as on Podium. What do you imagine your work flow to be when performing your analysis, so we can best meet your needs?

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

cwilson

No laps or analysis

Post by cwilson »

I have another posting under the above heading. Basically I haven't been able to get the data just yet, but it would be helpful during and between runs in autocross events. We're talking about 15-30 minutes between runs while also handling other issues like tire pressures, cooling down rad and tires, etc. In other words pretty busy. Of course also valuable afterwards in post analysis.

Sorry I don't remember the names of other data systems, but I know I've seen other systems that predict you could be faster, etc in certain sections of the track. Not sure how they do that, but it would be a super nice feature.

Working on getting you the setup file requested in the other posting. Thanks, chuck wilson

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yup, the system is designed to record in the background and then let you instantly review that data afterwards. Here's a 20 second demo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA1jWfrmEog

Will watch for the config file, just follow up with your data files. Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter