RaceCapture App Script Menu missing

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
Rich257

RaceCapture App Script Menu missing

Post by Rich257 »

I thought that I would start to learn how to write scripts in Lua however when I went to the setup, the Scripting menu is not displayed. Hmmm... any idea why the Scripting menu is not showing up?

Thanks,
Rich
Attachments
Setup screen shot
Setup screen shot
Screenshot_20170305-171745.png (62.01 KiB) Viewed 1666 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

RaceCapture/Track (The version of race capture you have) does not support Lua Scripting. Sorry for the confusion!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Vrushabh

PULSE/RPM SENSOR TUNING OPTION

Post by Vrushabh »

i am using a RaceCapturePro mk3 when i connect it to the PC and open the RaceCapture App in my PC and go in setup potion i can not find Pulse/RPM sensor tuning tab in it. But i have dedicated input for RPM i.e. RPM1, RPM2, RPM3, RPM4. So if i want to tune this input according to my sensor what should i do. I am using latest Firmware too. Is there any particular script to get that tab in setup?. Also when i disconnect it from PC and then open the Software, the tab appears on its own. I am not getting this problem.

Please Help.
Thank You.
Attachments
RaceCapture.PNG
RaceCapture.PNG (59.99 KiB) Viewed 1650 times

TXBDan

Post by TXBDan »

I had the same issue and Brent said its a known issue with RaceCapture 1.80 and the new RCP mk3. He said 1.90 will fix it and is due out any day now.

In the mean time he has a fix:
It's easy to edit the config file directly. Look for the section for "timerCfg". Edit the "sr" line to have a sample rate of either 0 (disabled), 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 or 1000 hz. Typically for RPM you'll want 10, 25 or 50 Hz.

Save the file, re-open it in the app and write it back to the unit. Hope this helps! The app will also have other dashboard improvements that we've been working on as well.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes - sorry; we're working to get the 1.9.0 app out ASAP.

Also, feel free to start a new topic for this issue, as it's not related to the scripting menu - just to keep things separated.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Vrushabh

Post by Vrushabh »

Ok thanks for informing. Accepting a new Update with new Features and also fixing this bugs. Otherwise RCP mk3 works as expected.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Update; 1.9.0 app has been released and can be downloaded at http://podium.live/software We're working on the blog post for the official announcement.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Vrushabh

Post by Vrushabh »

Thanks for the update now the problem is solved.