Steering wheel controls for RaceCapture Pro

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Hans-Winsome

Steering wheel controls for RaceCapture Pro

Post by Hans-Winsome »

Hi there - anyone know of a way to program a button (like on the dash or an external switch that could be mounted to the steering wheel) that would page through the different Race Capture App windows? Trying to give the driver a quick way to scroll through screens

Thanks!

torkey

Post by torkey »

There are some solutions for making racing gloves work with touch screens. I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on how well it works.
Check this out:
https://www.amazon.com/AnyGlove-TM-Synt ... _i=desktop

Mustangkev

Post by Mustangkev »

If the buttons register on the canbus then you might be able do this. I have an E46 and have been playing with having the cruise control buttons to start and stop logging data. I don't know if there are commands to scroll the screens but if so then there might be a way.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The app responds to the left/right keys on the keyboard. We did that when we saw a user hack a bluetooth keyboard to hard wire switches, effectively making a system where they can page dashboard screens with the app.

If you pursue this route, we'd love to see pics of this setup!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter