Feature Request: More than one channel graph in analysis

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
wizrd54

Feature Request: More than one channel graph in analysis

Post by wizrd54 »

In the analysis portion of the racecapture app it appears that you can only have two windows in app. The top graph is a track map or heat map, and the bottom map is the channel graph.

Is there a way to have more than one graph. When doing data analysis it can be pretty messy with lots of channels overlaid on top of each other, especially when comparing multiple laps.

Making a data analysis application is not trivial, and I understand it's still under development. Just my two cents. The racecapture itself and the dashboard functions are awesome so far.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Totally an important feature. Tracking here:

https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... ssues/1366

I'm thinking of a way to either incorporate it into the existing model, where you can add more charts below the current chart, and allow vertical scrolling, as well as the ability to shrink or change the size of the track map, but not completely eliminate it because it provide useful visual context for where on track the current cursor position is.

If we support the ability to rotate the screen, it could help with allowing more screen real-estate for vertically stacked charts, too.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

wizrd54

Post by wizrd54 »

I think having a the ability to minimize the track map would be a good option. I often look at engine data with no reference to track position. This would be especially true when calibrating on an aftermarket/stock ECU. The track map might not be needed in that situation.

Also having a way to change the size of the various charts would be helpful. And if you have multiple stacked charts it's really nice to be able to rearrange their order and to have the ability to drag and drop channels from one chart to another.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Got it. Thanks for the feedback and ideas!

-Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter