Lua scripting IDE?

Discussion on the Lua Scripting capabilities for RaceCapture/Pro. Also see the <a href="http://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro_Lua_Scripting">Lua Scripting Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

davef_dci

Lua scripting IDE?

Post by davef_dci »

Howdy,

new to RC and Lua Scripting. a quick question for experienced Lua Scripters. Do you simply type your program into word, notepad or do you use some sort of an integrated development environment to enter your programs and check for syntax, etc. before uploading to RCh

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

So when my scripts get big I just work in a text editor and quickly ctrl-a/ctrl-c and switch over to the app and do a quick ctrl-a/ctrl-c. That's usually works fairly well in most cases.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

TXBDan

Post by TXBDan »

Notepad++ has LUA script syntax highlighting. Helps a lot.

jeffmcaffer

Post by jeffmcaffer »

VS Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/) has a nice Lua extension (gccfeli.vscode-lua). Light, fast, ...
Pro3 #24

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Small things, but the latest beta 1.10.1 has an number of fixes in the Lua window that makes it a bit easier to use.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

davef_dci

Post by davef_dci »

Just following up on this. I've been using Zerobrane:

https://studio.zerobrane.com/

It will spot syntax errors which makes debugging easier. I copy the program and paste it into the script window.

Brent, not sure if this is a bug but I keep having an issue on my RaceCapture App where the scroll doesn't work in the script window so I can't down-arrow to the bottom of my program - the cursor simply walks out of the window but the program doesn't scroll so I can't edit or see any of my program other than the top lines. If I reboot the unit this fixes itself for a while but then resorts to this behavior. Not sure why. Annoying but not fatal and possibly user error.

Dave

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

Try the mouse wheel.

davef_dci

Post by davef_dci »

Unfortunately, I can't. No mouse on the android tablet and when using my computer I have a computer that amazingly has only one USB port which I need to use for the USB connection to Race Capture. If I use a USB splitter, to provide another port, the data transfer to Race Capture fails - I think Brent is aware of this issue.

I suspect my problem is unique.

Dave

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Dave, on the latest app you should be able to arrow down / up and have the text window position follow the cursor. Can you double check you're on the latest version?

Anyone else seeing this problem with the Lua scripting window?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter