microSD card Compatability

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

boggie1688

microSD card Compatability

Post by boggie1688 »

With the majority of the RCP3 configured, I tried taking the car out for a spin today.

After getting home, I check the microSD file and there are zero files. The script I used to start logging was based on GPS speed. I verified it worked by checking the status page -> logging.

So I'm wondering if the card I have is incompatible.

Currently the RCP3 is equipped with a SanDisk 64GB microSD card. Is the limit 32GB?

wizrd54

Post by wizrd54 »

I believe 32GB is the limit. RCP doesn't support SDXC, which is what 64GB cards are, only SDHC. In an older post they said the firmware is not compatible with SDXC.

boggie1688

Post by boggie1688 »

That's what I read too.

I realized win10 doesn't have the option to format the card in fat32. I'm going to format it in fat32 and try again.

boggie1688

Post by boggie1688 »

Well it's hit or miss.

I upgraded to the newest firmware then none of my can mappings worked. I reloaded my config and no dice. After over an hour I found the trick was to add a mapping and reflash the firmware. I was super flustered. The can mapping gui/function seems glitchy. My steering channel which is done via script worked immediatly, as did my analog sensors.

In any case I did a short log and there is data now. Maybe it did need to be in fat32. I'm going to drive around some more and see if it keeps working.

boggie1688

Post by boggie1688 »

It logs only when I'm on the dashboard. But I have start logging() in my ontick().