Podium How To Create Gages?

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

fishchoke

Podium How To Create Gages?

Post by fishchoke »

Ok I got over the sim card hurdles and now I have data streaming to podium.live.
I can see gages "battery" and "speed", and I can see numerical data for "analog1", "analog2", etc.
But how do I configure the podium webpage to show "analog1" and "analog2" as gages not numbers?
Attachments
MyPicture27.jpg
MyPicture27.jpg (182.1 KiB) Viewed 1112 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Round Gauges are automatically created and presented at the top for well-known channels matching the canonical list of channel names, which are also provided as pre-sets in the RaceCapture app's drop-down list.

Channels that don't match this list are presented as digital gauges in the area below. All channels are provided as charts as you scroll down the page.

Here's the current list of channel names that will generate a round gauge.

Coolant
Battery
FuelLevel
FuelReserve
OilPress
OilTemp
RPM
Speed
FuelPress
CoolPress
IAT
EngineTemp
AFR
MAP
Boost
EGT
TPS
Steering
Brake

If, say, Analog1 is really Oil Pressure, just name it to 'OilPress', write your configuration, and you'll see it show up on your Podium dashboard when you refresh the page.

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Here's a good example of a dashboard view that has many of the known channels populated:
https://podium.live/events/road-atlanta ... device/mr2
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

NickR

Post by NickR »

Using your link I on a PC in Chrome browser I can see the gauges but I don't see any data when I choose a lap and then move along the Speed axis on that or any chart. The map shows the car location as I move over the Speed chart but no data in any of the gauges in top part of section.

I also noticed that your data has no option to change the Settings for the charts while mine does from a meeting in UK yesterday. (setup was RCP mk2 - Bluetooth to Fire - mifi unit in car on 3 network which Fire connected to be my wifi. All worked perfectly and was streaming to pit wall onto iphone. Using Analog names IAT and EngineTemp created gauges as per this thread. EngineTemp was actually a temperature sensor behind the radiator.

The url should show lap 14 - neat you can link a to a url for email/ social media junkies
https://podium.live/events/thruxton/dev ... ?laps[]=14

My default speed axis is 80 - 120 mph while yours was 0-150. I need to be able to change the settings as my car only has 75 BHP and so having option to change to 0-120 much better for me. No option I can see to save this setting however?

It would also be really useful to be able to 'Play' the lap and have control of playback speed with pause option. In the space alongside the Graph by would work well on a laptop and you can see everything on one screen.

Great product and difficult to develop across lots of platforms but seems to have same issues on fire tablet and iphone.
Bristol - UK