Android 4.0 E-Ink Tablet

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

dyip

Android 4.0 E-Ink Tablet

Post by dyip »

I had my first track outing with my new Racecapture unit and a Nexus 7 display. This an open cockpit car and I couldn't come close to seeing the dash because of the bright sunshine.

I have an E-Ink display that I would like to try - an Onyx Boox i86. The refresh rate of the tablet is slow, but the brighter the sun, the easier it is to read! It runs Android 4.0, which your documentation says you support, but I couldn't download it from either Google Play or Amazon. Both said the Android version I was using was unsupported. Is there any other way to download the app so I could at least try it?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Interesting tablet. Please email [email protected] and we can supply you with an APK to test.

As an alternative, you can also get anti-glare film; many are pre-cut for existing devices. This should help quite a bit in the direct sunlight.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dyip

Post by dyip »

I do have a NuShield Anti-Glare film on the Nexus. It didn't help in the bright sunshine. I'm guessing the display would be okay on a cloudy day since I can read the display no problem under a canopy in our pit. I will send you an email. Thanks.