RCP 1.9 / Mac issues

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
mikesmith

RCP 1.9 / Mac issues

Post by mikesmith »

A couple of non-fatal problems with RCP 1.9 on macOS:

- The app isn't signed, so launching it is a PITA. 1.8 seems to be OK (though maybe the system has just remember that I had it installed previously).

- On at least 10.12.14, in the Setup screen, three of the four buttons in the bottom left (open / save / write) don't respond correctly to mouse position - they can be clicked OK, but the hover-highlight is triggered too far away from the bottom left corner. i.e. you get open highlighted while the mouse is over Wireless/Telemetry/Scripting, Save highlighted when the mouse is out in the edit area, and Write never seems to highlight (though it will blink at you happily enough).

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Mike. Thanks for the update.

What display do you have on your mac? Are you on a higher than standard resolution retina display? It could be having a problem understanding the display scaling.

Related, if you import a data log and mouse over the line chart, does the vertical line follow your mouse position correctly?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

mikesmith

Post by mikesmith »

This is on a bog-standard 15" Retina MBP.

Per the post about logging, since the unit has to be scripted to start logging, I don't have any so I can't help with the second question yet...

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, Thanks for the update. The retina display is the key. We're working on a beta version of the next app (likely 1.10.0) and we'll have some debugging information in that app that will help us understand the display scaling for your particular case.

We'll continue researching it here.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter