Android Tablets can't connect via Bluetooth to MK1

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mwehnes

Android Tablets can't connect via Bluetooth to MK1

Post by mwehnes »

I'm trying out an MK1 and Bluetooth module (setup for the MK1) to determine if I really want to get an MK3. The device is working fine via USB and Bluetooth from my Windows 10 PC. However, I can't get any of my Android devices to connect over Bluetooth. I've tried a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Pro tablet, Samsung Galaxy 10.5 Pro and 2 Samsung S6 Edge+ phones. They just keep searching, all can see the RaceCapturePro via bluetooth, they all pair to it, but they will not connect in the app.

Tried searching and troubleshooting myself last night to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

mwehnes

Post by mwehnes »

Quick update.. Flashed my Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T520) with CyanogenMod 12.1.20161016-Nightly and it connected right up to the MK1 over bluetooth.

Are my connectivity issues due to having a MK1 and Samsung S6 phones work fine with the MK2/3?

While the tablet works, I really need my phone to connect as that's what will be in the car.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

It's the same bluetooth module across all systems, so it could be a compatibility issue with your phone. Glad you verified it with the tablet however.

If you can check your phone against a friend's MK2 or MK3 it could provide some helpful information. We test ours with a Samsung S5 Active and a large pile of tablets -- compatibility is the eternal challenge!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter