Optimal Lap Time

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
TXBDan

Optimal Lap Time

Post by TXBDan »

Other loggers (and iRacing) have a feature to show you a predicted optimal lap time based either on the best sectors being added together or a variable/rolling lap start/stop position to help you figure what you could possibly run if you "put it all together". Any plans to include this? I'd be interested in learning more about the various algorithms for doing this.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

This is a big one. We already time individual sectors if they're defined in the track map; the 2nd step is to extract that data and assemble it into a single 'best' lap representation.

https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... ssues/1428

These are useful for analysis, providing each sector is realistic - using a best sector that was a car flying off the end of the main straight wouldn't be a good example to use. :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

TXBDan

Post by TXBDan »

Right. It's somewhat helpful, yet also somewhat meaningless. People with Aim Solos are always talking about optimal time and asking me.

I use optimal lap time in iRacing a bit and find it can be helpful in at least giving you a goal. And for seeing how off your "best" driving is from the fast guys.