How to select a track when there is more than 1 in range

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

steved0x

How to select a track when there is more than 1 in range

Post by steved0x »

I was at Road Atlanta this past Friday and I attempted to use my RaceCapture/Track and the RaceCapture software (not the beta but the latest GA Android version) to record my final session. I had the unit on for around 30-40 minutes before my session, and when I connected, it kept showing "Carolina Motorsports Park" which was the last place I used the device and app. After clicking around the dashboard, I thought I saw a piece of red line show up for a second but it kept going away. I shut it all down, and tried again about 20 minutes later. This time I saw I had some saved sessions called "Formula Drift Road Atlanta" or some such thing. I clicked around some more, and then somehow got to a screen that showed a list of tracks including "Formula Drift Road Atlanta" and "Road Atlanta". I tapped "Road Atlanta" and my device showed "Road Atlanta" at the top where it had previously showed "Carolina Motorsports Park". I exited the app and went to sit in the A/C and wait for my final session. When I came back, it still said "Road Atlanta" at the top, I was not presented with a screen to choose a track, and when I got on track I did not get any lap timing. I came into the pits, fiddled around, went back out, still no lap timing.

When I got back I had two more saved sessions for "Formula Drift Road Atlanta".

What is the UI for ensuring that I have the correct track selected when I am at a place that has multiple track definitions in range? I have the beta now so if the steps are different, you can just let me know the steps for the beta app. Not waiting for a wizard to give me a choice, but what are the steps to definitively select the track definition to be used for the upcoming sessions?

Is there any way to indicate that these saved sessions are for "Road Atlanta" and not "Formula Drift Road Atlanta"? I'm guessing that the app used "Formula Drift Road Atlanta" by default because it is ahead of "Road Atlanta" alphabetically?

Thank you

Steve

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Steve,

The app will normally prompt you asking which configuration you are at if it detects multiple tracks in range. To do this, Automatic Track Detection under Setup/Race Tracks must be set to 'on' and be set in the RaceCapture unit. (IOW, set it to 'on' and 'write' the configuration).

If it's set to off, it will simply lock to the last selected track.

Let us know if that helps. When will you be at the same venue again for testing?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

steved0x

Post by steved0x »

I will check that, I have been writing multiple configurations to the RaceCapture/Track to try and use it with HLT and I may have turned that off...

I'll be back at Road Atlanta in November, and before that I'm not sure I will be at a venue that has multiple track configurations. I guess I can create a couple of "tracks" in my neighborhood and then test using that.

Thanks!

Steve

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I was just going to suggest creating a couple of tracks around the neighborhood. Let us know how it goes!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter