Start finish line issues at Autobahn Country Club

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

Intel

Start finish line issues at Autobahn Country Club

Post by Intel »

So I ran the Racecapture Track and it worked pretty well. My big issue is that the only track that worked really well was Autobahn Full

When running Autobahn North or South it only had start and finish lines in the app with no sectors and it was very buggy on if it would actually mark off my laps. I had a lot of laps where it wouldn't process that I went through the finish line.

I ended up making a track on my own for South using the app on a cooldown lap to mark start/finish/ 1-2 sectors and then out of maybe 20 laps I had 3 where it didn't detect that I crossed the finish line so 2 of my laps got counted together. I was running Racechrono on my phone while Racecapture ran on my tablet and the racechrono marked all of my laps without issue. Is the finish line gps coordinates so accurate that if I come off line it won't count?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, thanks for the report.

It sounds like the other track configurations have a different start/finish point as the 'Full' configuration?

Also, not sure if I understand what you wrote - did you still have problems with the hand made track?

Our default diameter of the track target is 70 feet. How wide is the track and how far off center were you when it didn't work?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Intel

Post by Intel »

Yes even with the hand made one I had some issues. Far less issues but had at least 2 instances where it didn't detect me going back the finish line.

South has a different finish line, North and Full share the same one .

I will try and find the width of the track. I have the logs if that is helpful.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

if you can upload the logs that would be helpful. Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter