AiM CAN mapping problem.

Discussions on CAN mapping for ECUs, sensors, PDMs, and more.
NRG Motorsports

AiM CAN mapping problem.

Post by NRG Motorsports »

I am having trouble with the CAN mapping for the AiM data.

AiM Smarty Cam stream has been enabled and I see oil pressure, water temp, RPM, and the other pre defined CAN protocalls. However, I have on CH3 a device that shows fuel level.

I have all three of my devices, MXL2, Smarty Cam, and race capture pro defined as FuelLevel and I get a percentage on the camera, gallons on the dash, and 53,246.0 on the race capture.I have left the CAN ID and all other settings for CH3 the same and renamed it FuelLevel.

Any help in this matter would be great.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

How are you doing the mapping - is it with the script, or the direct CAN mapping configuration that's included in the wiki?

To confirm, it's only the fuel level that's having a problem?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

NRG Motorsports

Post by NRG Motorsports »

I am using direct CAN and not scripting. All of the generic channels, 1-7, are showing the same number as if it is reading an open, which they are except that channel 1 and 2 are oil presure and water temp and are so named. Is there a thread that shows how to set these channels up as in the next few weeks I will be adding 4-5 more channels to the AiM system and would like telemetry on them.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Can you share a screenshot of the AIM channel configuration and a screenshot of the RaceCapture configuration for the channels you're having a problem with? That might yield some clues as to where the problems lie.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

rex-racer

Post by rex-racer »

So I used the CAN output feature in AIM to output to the RC. I could get some values directly but others I would have to have RC do a conversion because the AIM is outputting the raw value from the ECU. This sounds like what is happening to you. Look at your ECU documentation to see how the value is output on the CAN channel. You likely need to convert the raw value to % or however it's being read.
A Race Car exists in 2 states: Broken or in the process of becoming that way.