Tuning software

What would you like to see? Post your suggestions here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Big Vern

Tuning software

Post by Big Vern »

Any chance of the tuning software being linux compatible ?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

A future version might be Linux compatible; however, we'll be likely porting it to the same app framework we use for the RaceCapture app, which will work across many different platforms.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

tomicdesu

Post by tomicdesu »

i have one now, mostly working. i've been posting in the "General Q&A" area (to thundering silence :-)

i wrote it in Processing, which i don't particularly like (but in fact i dislike writing graphical desktop programs to begin with, lol) so it will work on win, osx, *nix.

it does serial port-discovery, load/save file, edit cell, get stuff from the MJ. in a day or two i'll have it writing back tot he MJ (i've been testing indoors on a crap MJ simulator i cobbled up from an Uno). there's the usual various bugs but in a few days i intend on using it.

here's what it looks like. i ask you to squint, to overlook the mistakes, for now, lol. (the red error caused by unplugging the dongle). some spurious screen writes. i have some questions regarding data meanings (eg. version info). no matter, i will blunder along and make it work well enough for me (YMMV!)

tomicdesu

Post by tomicdesu »

OK it's usable. page is here http://sr-ix.com/PROJECTS/MegaJolt/index.html, with pointer to my github page for download. its not packaged well for non-programmers but it's just a Processing sketch so shouldn't be too bad.

i'm not a Java programmer and so it's not pretty. a few issues with initializing the display on my slow laptop (galliumOS) resolved by resizing it, and one 'port busy' when serial device was plugged in after the program was started (i intended the serial port/MJ discovery to be very robust). but it does read/write the official tuner's files, graphical cell editing more or less identical to the official one. NO MOUSE KEYBOARD ONLY but that's more a feature than a bug, in a program that's run on the passenger seat.

Dimbit

Post by Dimbit »

I'm very keen to try this. Will it work with MJLJ v3 or is it specific to v4?