Cannot Completely Configure CAN bus via CAN Channel Mapping

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
DougK

Cannot Completely Configure CAN bus via CAN Channel Mapping

Post by DougK »

Some CAN bus values cannot be configured from the RaceCapture App on Windows (I'm using Windows 10, I don't know about other versions). In particular, CAN bus data offsets higher than 5 cannot be programmed because the select boxes drop below the dialog and do not show and the Units Conversion cannot be selected because there is no way to move right one more slot on the CAN Bus Channel Mapping dialog.

I've attached screen shots to help clarify the issues.

Doug
Attachments
The offset drop down will not go past 5. Since Analog input 1 on the AnalogX is offset 6, you cannot use that analog input of the AnalogX.
The offset drop down will not go past 5. Since Analog input 1 on the AnalogX is offset 6, you cannot use that analog input of the AnalogX.
OffsetLimit.jpg (122.79 KiB) Viewed 958 times
The online documentation shows a Units Conversion dialog to the right of the formula dialog. However, there is no way to navigate to that dialog - at least none of the obvious things will take you there.
The online documentation shows a Units Conversion dialog to the right of the formula dialog. However, there is no way to navigate to that dialog - at least none of the obvious things will take you there.
NoUnits.jpg (26.82 KiB) Viewed 958 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Doug, try scrolling that window using the mouse scroll wheel (or trackpad equivalent) or, try clicking and dragging the vertical column to see the other values.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

DougK

Post by DougK »

Brent,

I thought I tried that, but I just tried again and that does seem to work. Sorry for the extraneous error log!

Doug