Help configuring alerts in dashboard

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

MCScott

Help configuring alerts in dashboard

Post by MCScott »

Using Raspberry Pi, app 1.12 beta, FW 1.13 beta.

I can't seem to get the alerts on my dash working in a sensible way. I want gauges and the bottom channels to go red when they exceed or fall below some value (high temps, low oil pressure, etc). I set the ranges using the low and high sliders, but it seems the colors get assigned randomly. The temp channels I have set up along the bottom are always red, even when cold. The oil pressure gauge is always red, even when well above the low value. Etc.

Am I not getting something here? Is there a bug in the beta? Is there a setting I need to do somewhere else besides the dash?

As an aside, it would be great to be able to create, save and load dash configurations in RCP, so you can create and edit them on a PC. Trying to configure a dash using the touch interface is a fussy affair.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

There are no known issues around alerts in the currently released versions (1.12.1) . Can you post some screenshots of how you have one of the channels configured? Let's just focus on one channel for now and go from there.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

MCScott

Post by MCScott »

So I finally got to the shop and took some pics of my problem. Attached you can see the fuel level gauge is red, although the settings seem to me to only warn when low. Similar issues with all the other gauges, although different colors not corresponding to the settings. RCP Mk2, firmware 1.13 beta, app 1.12.1. Most of the gauge channels are analog sensors.

What am I missing here? I hope it's something obvious ...

Thanks,

Scott
Attachments
False Warning.jpg
False Warning.jpg (63.76 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
Warn Settings.jpg
Warn Settings.jpg (60.92 KiB) Viewed 2606 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks. Try making your warn and alert ranges consecutive; it looks like the alert is overlapping the warning, which is why it's always showing red.

Hypothetical Example:

Warn: 0-50
Alert: 51-100
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter