RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Firmware Update failure
Post Firmware Update failure 
I was doing a firmware update on my RaceCapture track through the latest windows client and it hung at about 20% and threw an error 3 and the windows app completely hung.

I restarted the windows app but it now won't connect to the RC . There's a green flashing light on the RC and when i connect it to USB it shows up on COM6 as a USB serial device.

When I start the app again it just alternates between searching COM5 and searching COM6.

Anyway to factory reset the device back to the original firmware or is the device bricked ?

Thanks
Steve

After reading a few other posts I managed to load the latest firmware.

However. I couldn't do it through the current windows app (1.13.1) as I couldn't find a firmware update option. I had to uninstall, then install and older version (1.3.13 I think) then I could see the firmware options. I then was able to update to current firmware.

However on reboot was getting a timeout issue reading config. Uninstalled the old version, re-installed the latest version now all seems to work OK.

Bit of a faf but happy it's not bricked.

You can also go into Setup and then load a saved config file. Then, you will be able to access the firmware update screen.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1