whats the voltage of the user outputs?

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Josh_b

whats the voltage of the user outputs?

Post by Josh_b »

i need to test stuff, i reverserd the main current by accident and i think i fried my transistors :-( what else may have popped?

brentp
Site Admin

There are diodes in the power

Post by brentp »

There are diodes in the power supply circuit to protect against reverse voltages, so you should be ok.

The output transistors switch ground so there is no voltage per se. Let's say if you were driving a relay with one of the outputs - you would connect one side of the relay to +12v, and the other side of the relay would go to the switched output.

A "HIGH" in the tuning software would mean that when the specified value is exceeded, say 2000 RPM, the switched output would be "enabled", turning your relay ON. A "LOW" in the tuning software would mean that the relay would be ON below 2000 RPM and OFF above 2000RPM. (or whatever you configured the value to. :) )
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Josh_b

reverse protection

Post by Josh_b »

i would have thought the diodes would protect the transistors but they were all burnt out :-( they smoked and all that kind of stuff! thanks for the info, if i put a meter on one of the user outputs would i see any anything when it switched on?

brentp
Site Admin

That's unfortunate. Good thin

Post by brentp »

That's unfortunate. Good thing those transistors are inexpensive!

When the output is 'on' you should be able to measure conductance to ground.

Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter