Failed firmware upgrade help

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Hags86

Failed firmware upgrade help

Post by Hags86 »

Hi all

I tried to upgrade the firmware on my PoduiumConnect. It made normal progress to 36% where it sat for 20 minutes. I figured I'd disconnect it and try again.

Now I can't seem to communicate with it at all (via USB cable and RaceCapture). RC status flickers between 'Connecting' and 'Searching COM3' and when I load the config into RC and try and write the error is "could not write configuration' - "caused by port closed".

How do I recover from this?

Thanks

EDIT. The PodiumConnect is definitely still alive - I can ping it from my wireless network. I just can't seem to connect via USB. Rebooted PC, tried different USB cables and different USB ports without success. I've set RC to communicate via wifi rather than USB and it still won't connect.

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Failed firmware upgrade help

Post by brentp »

Hi,

You can simply try the firmware upload again. Go to Setup, load a previously saved config file from the same device, and then go to the firmware tab, and go through the process again.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter