Megajolt Lite Jr/Zetec Into a Bugeye

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Hamiltonguitars

Megajolt Lite Jr/Zetec Into a Bugeye

Post by Hamiltonguitars »

Hi:
First time caller, long time listener blah blah blah. I'm tranplanting a 2 liter ford zetec engine inot a 1959 Austin Sprite.
This is my first shot at going without a distributer (kinda like removing training wheels) so I'm a little wobbly. Please excuse questions due to inexperience.

I picked up a EDIS-4 system complete with pigtails and VR sensor. I also purchsed a completed Megajolt Lite Jr. to use with it.

For the Zetec people out there can you use a Flywheel VR sensor from the Zetec with the older EDIS-4 system? or are you making a 36-1 wheel to place on the crankshaft pulley.

All the connections seem to be straight forward, are their any goblins I should be aware of?

Rod H

Jax2A

Zetec Sprite

Post by Jax2A »

Good morning, I'm doing exactly the same thing. 2001 Cougar Zetec going into a 1959 AH Sprite. I'm planning on using the flywheel sensor. I asked the list about this some time ago but no one seemed to know for sure. I'm thinking it is doable but I haven't confirmed the sensor is in the right position at TDC. If it's not, I think it will be possible to work around it by playing with the advance values. Where are you at (I'm in Ohio) and what are you using fuel injection or carbs? Jax2A
Jax2A

Hamiltonguitars

Zetec Bugeye

Rod H

I'm using twin 45 DCOE Webers. I'm located in Southern California. I am going to try to use the flywheel sensor also. I was hoping someone here would know if it has the correct positon from TDC.

Does Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Rod H

Jax2A

Zetec Bugeye

Post by Jax2A »

I'm not far enough along to help you with that part. I'm also using twin sidedrafts, but I have Solex's. What trans & bell housing did you mate up? T5 with the quad4rods bellhousing? That seems to be the easy route. I'm working with a T5 but casting my own bell housing.
Jax2A
Jax2A

Hamiltonguitars

Zetec Bugeye

Rod H
I'm using the T-5 from a 1987 Mustang with the Quad4rods Bell. I have competed the rear-end install using a 1985 Mazda RX7 shortened 12 inches. I have installed the engine and trans (some cutting required). I am using the retro ford water rail to bring the water back to the front. I am having problems envisioning a serpentine belt set-up that will work with water pump and alternator. If you have any thought let me know.

R
Rod H

SRandle

Zetec vr sensor

Post by SRandle »

Hi All

I have been running a 2.0L zetec with 45 DCOE's and have used the zetec VR sensor onto fly wheel as standard. It works great and there was no real setup at all. Just the Map.

Steve.

Jax2A

Zetec vr Sensor

Post by Jax2A »

Steve, that's great news. One less thing to figure out. Are you using a MAP or TPS? Also would you care to share your maps with the rest of Zetec users, so we have a known starting point? Thanks,
Jax2A
Jax2A

Hamiltonguitars

Zetec VR sensor

You da man, thanks for the help. Now I can stop trying to attach the 36-1 wheel the zetec puley with a nail gun ;-)
Rod H

SRandle

TPS on Zetec

Post by SRandle »

Sorry for long delay replying.

I am using a TPS setup. At present can't upload map but you can down load it from link below.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve_randle/

Click ignition link. This was the standard map I started with.

Also the vr sensor is in the correct place on fly wheel.

Steve

Hamiltonguitars

Pictures thus far

Rod H

4600cc

heh, so clean and simple..

Post by 4600cc »

heh, so clean and simple.. Sometimes I wish I had a four banger.

Hamiltonguitars

Zetec in A Bugeye

Rod H

Here is an update on the project. I am just getting things wired and going to attempt firing it up in next couple of weeks

http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/Rods%3A-Zetec-Install
Rod H

Hamiltonguitars

Here's the latest. The car is very close to dialed in with 45dcoe dual webers.

http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/view_ ... ec-Install

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Lovely build there fella, bet she'll be sweet once she has been properly tuned. What sort of output are you hoping for???
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available