Search found 5 matches

by thegecko
Sat Jan 31, 2026 9:32 pm
Forum: Bug Reporting
Topic: Jumpy Advance Readout
Replies: 0
Views: 11763

Jumpy Advance Readout

I just completed a new MJ display and saw something interesting. When the MJ is on advance curve 1 (TO), the advance readout is steady and the adv correction come in smoothly. When on curve 2(CR), the display seems to jump around by a few degrees. This is repeatable - here is a quick video showing w...
by thegecko
Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:47 pm
Forum: Future Upgrades
Topic: Megajolt LCD display
Replies: 42
Views: 1125348

Re: Megajolt LCD display

The MJ is installed and running in the experimental plane. Working great! Photo below is the sightseeing cruise setting at over 100kts TAS and 3.5 GPH. (Way more efficient than a factory plane1) Economy cruise is 150KTAS on 6GPH. Both using cheap car gas. The effective advance is less than 38 deg b/...
by thegecko
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:54 pm
Forum: Future Upgrades
Topic: Megajolt LCD display
Replies: 42
Views: 1125348

Re: Megajolt LCD display

deleted post
by thegecko
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:19 pm
Forum: Future Upgrades
Topic: Megajolt LCD display
Replies: 42
Views: 1125348

Re: Megajolt LCD display

Hi, Just wanted to let folks I got a USB connected display working with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2W and a 20x4 LCD display, maybe $20 in parts. This is my first ever Pi/python project, so I'm sure my code is ugly, but it works. Takes about 15 seconds to boot up - will work to make that faster. It's got -...
by thegecko
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 pm
Forum: Future Upgrades
Topic: Megajolt LCD display
Replies: 42
Views: 1125348

Re: Megajolt LCD display with USB?

Hello, I have a new MJ with the USB interface. I really want to create a display as others have done here. Has anyone figured out how to get the data out of the USB connector. It seems a usb host capable device would be required then the ability to break out the data. This is the closest project I h...