Connecting to laptop

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

crd86

Connecting to laptop

Post by crd86 »

I cant get my laptop to see the megajolt i am connected to it through a serial cable and have it powered up with a 9v battery i have set the port settings to Baud rate 4800 Data bits 8 Parity n stop bits 1 flow control none but when i open the configurator v3.2.1 It doesnt load anything and if i click get ignition configuration it just says Timeout reading runtime data. Can someone help? Were im i going wrong? Thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Basics first. Check under windows device manager to make sure the COM port on your system is the same one that is set in the configuration software.

The port settings you referenced (presumably also in device manager) aren't used since the configuration software sets them automatically when attempts to connect.

Other than that- are you using a USB - serial adapter? If so, try using a computer with a built-in serial port, such as a desktop computer.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

crd86

Post by crd86 »

Thanks but what do you mean the same as the configuration software were can i check what it is set to and whats it on? Thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Go under "Tools / Configuratior Options" and ensure the com port specified there matches the com port you are using on your computer.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Try double-checking the screen on your cable :)

crd86

Post by crd86 »

Yeh sorry that was it :roll: Have put a new map on it already the base map for the xe on carbs of this site. That was easy when connected right! Thanks for all the help