RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
5 Baud Rate on Serial Port
Post 5 Baud Rate on Serial Port 
Is it possible to run the auxiliary serial port all the way down to 5 (yes, five, not a typo) baud? This is the baud rate for ISO 9141-2 initialization, necessary to communicate with my Suzuki GSX-R1000 engine. I want to connect the aux serial port up via a simple level-shifting adapter to the K-line signal on the dealer port of the engine. If it doesn't go down to 5 baud, I guess I'll have to put in an Arduino for the initialization.

http://www.obdclearinghouse.com/index.php?body=get_file&id=1343

Thanks,

-JJ

Post Re: 5 Baud Rate on Serial Port 
Just got my new digital oscilloscope, and it turns out the GSX-R1000 uses ISO 14230 fast initialization, so the 5 baud rate is not necessary. Now I have to figure out how to get the 25 ms. low / 25 ms. high hardware initialization sequence, which should be easy. Then I can talk to it through the auxiliary serial port.

-JJ

JJLudemann wrote:
Is it possible to run the auxiliary serial port all the way down to 5 (yes, five, not a typo) baud? This is the baud rate for ISO 9141-2 initialization, necessary to communicate with my Suzuki GSX-R1000 engine. I want to connect the aux serial port up via a simple level-shifting adapter to the K-line signal on the dealer port of the engine. If it doesn't go down to 5 baud, I guess I'll have to put in an Arduino for the initialization.

http://www.obdclearinghouse.com/index.php?body=get_file&id=1343

Thanks,

-JJ

Interesting project. sounds like some external hardware might help in this case?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1