RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New Laptop-Timeout Error
Post New Laptop-Timeout Error 
I recently needed to upgrade my laptop. The old one was running windows 7 and communicated fine thru a USB to serial adapter to my MegaJolt.
My new windows 8 laptop will not communicate with the Mega Jolt.
I have confirmed that the new laptop is "seeing" the adapter and I have set the Mega Jolt software to the same com port setting, however I keep getting the "Timeout reading cylinder count" error.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
David

Typically this is a USB to serial adapter compatibility issue. The software should work fine on Windows 8.1; this is what we're using in the shop. I would try a different adapter - ideally a more name-brand adapter from Belkin, Trend-Net or similar.

Unfortunately we ran into a similar problem; a USB adapter that worked fine on Vista stopped working on Windows 8.1. Once we switched to a well supported adapter, things started working again.

I have the same issues as this. Worked fine with Windows 7, although that was several years ago.

Now, the same lead, MJ unit (although, tried 2 different ones) refuses to connect, even though Com Port is functioning correctly supposedly.

Can you link an adapter known to work on Windows 8?

The one we sell here is known to work well - https://www.autosportlabs.com/product/compact-usb-serial-adapter/

But most high quality adapters should work well.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1