RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Miata Oil Pressure Set up
Post Miata Oil Pressure Set up 
So I was curious if anyone has tried to hook up the oem Miata oil pressure gauge to the RCP. I found the resistance values the corrispond to pressures. My guess is that this style gauge will not work with the RCP but I thought I would check before I go to the trouble of pulling out the oem sender for the 5v sensor I ordered.

1990 manual says that for a sensor resistance to chassis ground of 52 ohms, the gauge should read 0 psi. For 41 ohms to ground, the reading should be 30 psi, and for 16 ohms to ground, the pressure reading should be 90 psi

Hi - so, you might be the first - most get the dedicated high performance 0.5-4.5v sensor that has a fast response.

Curious on the OEM sensor - does a meter reading correspond with the slow visual response typically seen on these gauges?

Let us know what you find out on this project. Smile

It's difficult to know because I don't have anything to compare it to. But typically there is little to no lag between when I hit the throttle and when the oil pressure increases.

That's good to know! Many oem pressure sensors have fuel-level-gauge lagginess. If you get the curve mapped out we'd be happy to add it to the wiki.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1