RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
ShiftX2 config in GUI instead of LUA?
Post ShiftX2 config in GUI instead of LUA? 
I'm sure this is already in the works, but similar to the CAN data mapping, will the ShiftX2 config eventually be done in the GUI instead of LUA scripting? It'd be nice to get it out of LUA so its not taking up memory and would make for a more robust and dummy-proof setup.

Yes, that's in the future. We need to nail down how it would work and the most common use cases we'd want to support - something easier to sort out *first* using Lua - Just like how we sorted out all of the use-cases with Lua on the CAN mapping before we baked it into the firmware.

Hope that helps!

Hi Brent, any updates on this? My ShiftX2 still crashes and goes nuts about 1/4th of the time which i believe is due to memory capacity issues. I'd love to get it out of my LUA script. Smile

Hi - No update on this, no ETA on when it would exist. However, the 2.13.0 firmware has 20% more memory allocated to Lua, so that might resolve your memory issues.

Hi - No update on this, no ETA on when it would exist. However, the 2.13.0 firmware has 20% more memory allocated to Lua, so that might resolve your memory issues.

Great, my issues were with 2.12. and it seems marginal so this should fix it. Thanks

I'm seeing the possible crashing behavior as well with maybe 25% of the time my ShiftX2 either starting/staying in demo mode, or after a bit of use going into demo mode and not coming out of it. I'm on 2.13.0.

If it is memory, there really must not be much memory available to the scripting after adding all the ShiftX2 code to the lua script as I really don't have much more than a couple other functions and setting some static variables. Would be nice to see memory availability get bumped even further as it's quite annoying to have to go trimming usability comments everywhere just to stop the RC Pro from even loading scripts (why are comments loaded into memory btw?).

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1