RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Raspberry Pi support - enables a hard-wired, dedicated dash
Which thing are you seeing exactly? Is it working properly with the official RPi display?

Post SunFounder 10.1" capacitive touch screen success 
I am building a display with a SunFounder 10.1" capacitive touch screen. On the initial install, the touch screen was not responsive.

I found Joe D's comments about the settings for this screen and made his changes for config.ini and am happy to report that the touch screen is now responding. Thanks to Joe D. for his info on this screen and you guys for this really nice option.

Now to get rid of the touch circle, and make sure the screen saver never kicks on and then to build a case.

Pete

Post RPI UPS FOLLOW-UP 
Just thought id follow up on my Rpi under voltage issues while cranking the starter. I purchased the UPS PICO 450 stack plus hat, which allows a 12v power feed and automatic switching to back up battery. I ordered it from MODMYPI overseas, and didn't know if you contact them in advance they can swap the stock 450mah battery for one of the larger ones (customs issue). so I got a 3cell series 18650 batt holder and three 3300mah e-cig batteries to work as the battery backup supply (ttl 9900mah). the PICO requires a little soldering, but not to terrible. after install it works very well. what's really nice is you can simply turn the batt master off and after 60seconds the PICO initiates a safe PI shutdown. then shuts itself off. when the car is running on 12v it will also charge the back up batteries. what I don't like is you cant see the status led's to tell if everything is functioning.

I also since found you can get the PICO in the US at http://www.sfo-takumi.com/shop/

Post Re: RPI UPS FOLLOW-UP 
PS14 wrote:
Just thought id follow up on my Rpi under voltage issues while cranking the starter. I purchased the UPS PICO 450 stack plus hat, which allows a 12v power feed and automatic switching to back up battery. I ordered it from MODMYPI overseas, and didn't know if you contact them in advance they can swap the stock 450mah battery for one of the larger ones (customs issue). so I got a 3cell series 18650 batt holder and three 3300mah e-cig batteries to work as the battery backup supply (ttl 9900mah). the PICO requires a little soldering, but not to terrible. after install it works very well. what's really nice is you can simply turn the batt master off and after 60seconds the PICO initiates a safe PI shutdown. then shuts itself off. when the car is running on 12v it will also charge the back up batteries. what I don't like is you cant see the status led's to tell if everything is functioning.

I also since found you can get the PICO in the US at http://www.sfo-takumi.com/shop/

With this setup, is there a way to disable the 60 second safety shutdown?

On Battery Powering Running Time when cable power loses or not exist. After that time a File Safe Shut Down Procedure will be executed and System will be shut downed without restart. Battery power will be disconnected. System is in sleep mode (LPR) and RTC is running. If Raspberry Pi cable power returns again system will be start automatically. If during the sleep mode (LPR) the F button will be pressed for longer time than 2 seconds (with battery or cable powering) Raspberry Pi will re-start again. Value of 0xff (255) disable this timer, and system will be running on battery powering until battery discharge to 3.4V for LP battery and 2.8V fro LF Battery type. Factory default value is 70 seconds Each number stands for 1 minute of Battery Running. Default Value is 0, and the highest Value is 0xFE. If user will enter i.e. 2, the Battery Running time will be 60 seconds + 2 x 60 seconds = 180 seconds. After that time system will be shutdown. If user after that will press again F button system will restart and run for 180 seconds again and then shutdown. Read: Anytime, Return actual fssd_timeout value Write: 0x00 0xFF Any change on this register will cause immediate writing of the new value to the PIco EEPROM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GT3Q0WAXriDvFNevW2MRNGomZwrixBxI/view

Post RaceCapture autostart on RPi? 
I am trying to get the auto start of RaceCapture to work, but to not restart automatically if I close it.
I did the recommended setting in rc.local of

Code:
 /opt/racecapture/boot_racecapture.sh pi

and it starts racecapture, but if I close racecapture another is started automatically.

I am not using the watchdog setting. Why it is doing this? Is there any way to prevent it?
What does the pi parameter do? I don't see that referenced in the script.

If I comment out the
Code:
if [[$WATCHDOG -ne 1 ]]; then
and fi lines in run_racecapture, racecapture does not auto restart so something about that test is not working properly.

Thanks
Pete

Last edited by ppressle on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Dont know why it does it, but you can type (while racecapture is running) "killall 9 run_racecapture.sh -w 1", then exit racecapture, and when you get the terminal the text should be entered so just press enter. you made need to exit racecapture twice (then just use the up arrow to see last line entered (the killall command) and press enter. that will stop the script untill the next reboot. i usually hashtag out the line in rc.local if i'm doing some pi software work. and remove it when i'm done updating or whatever. Dave

Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6