Maps

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Greenie

Maps

Post by Greenie »

Hi can anyone help, I have just purchased a car with the Megajolt system install and I know nothing about it. It is on a car with a 1.8 Zetec lump and 4xR1 bikes carbs. I am looking for advise, it runs great at low rev's (around town but open her up and she starts to miss-fire at between 3-4000 revs. Can anyone help?

MartinM

...misfires between

Post by MartinM »

...misfires between 3000-4000 rpm (ie gets better at higher revs) or misfires *above* 3000-4000 rpm (ie never gets better)?

Greenie

Maps

Post by Greenie »

The missifire becomes worse as you poen the throttle further from the revs mentioned, it flys upto that time and it tends to back fire a goes when on full throttle. Around town it is great and respnsive but on an open road on a long straight it's bad. Need to find another balance between the two?

MartinM

Does it happen when

Post by MartinM »

Does it happen when stationary (just increasing the throttle) or just when driving, or both?

Could be a map problem, could be an installation problem, could be a fuelling problem, could be something else entirely!

Are you able to connect to the MJLJ, retrieve the map from inside it and post it here?

Have you checked all the wiring is sound? Is the wiring between the MJLJ and the EDIS (the PIP and SAW lines) using shielded cable? Similar for the cabling between the VR sensor and the MJLJ. If yes (to either) can you see which ends the shield is earthed at - should be the MJLJ end ONLY. An error in earthing can lead to high rpm instability.

Don't know how to fault find a fuelling problem - sorry :-(

Greenie

MAPS

Post by Greenie »

I only happens when driving, I am a bit wary of connecting via my LAP TOP, I am very naive to this system. Do you know what programe is required to run the system?