RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
set local time
Post set local time 
Is there a way to have racecapture put local time, instead of GMT in the time stamps for log displayed times? This would be nice, so we don't have to mentally convert each log file to try to match to video files and such. I can't seem to find a way to do it or any reference to it. Thanks.

When you say times, do you mean within the log file, or the timestamp on the actual log file when it's written to SD card?

For the log file, it will always be UTC time. For the logfile time stamp, it will be UTC time as well, since the RaceCapture device does not know the time zone you are in.

I think that answers my question. I was wondering/hoping there was a way to tell it Eastern Time, but I guess not. I know I couldn't find anything for doing that, but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Perhaps the race capture app could send the timezone from the app's device to the RaceCapture when the configuration was written.

https://veracitydata.com
Perhaps the race capture app could send the timezone from the app's device to the RaceCapture when the configuration was written.

+1 either this or just add Timezone as a configuration setting.

Another idea would be to use the timezone of the track that has been detected or manually selected. Although the configuration value would be available sooner when booting up.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1