RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Problems accessing Data from Mega Squirt in LUA. Any advice
Post Problems accessing Data from Mega Squirt in LUA. Any advice 
Three days to race and Iím battling some RaceCapture issues and could use some help.
Running Racecapture MK3 in a Neon thatís controlled with a Megasquirt. I am transferring data from the Megaquirt to Racecapture via canbus.

I have an android tablet in the car that is displaying gages including RPM, Engine temp, etc. and these are working perfectly - meaning I am successfully transferring data from the Megasquirt to race capture. The RPM Tachometer on the android seems to scroll smoothly and in synch with the engine.

However, when I try to access the date inside my LUA script I am getting glitches and sporatic results.

For example, the following very simple code will occasionally print correct RPMs but mostly just print 999's to the screen. Because it is occasionally correct I know that I'm accessing the data - but it's not reliable. I will go several minutes getting 999's - and then have every other value the correct RPM, followed by brief stints where the RPMs will be accurate.

Code:
setTickRate(10)
function onTick()
rpm = getChannel("RPM_ms")
if rpm == nil then rpm = 999 end
println (" RPM=  " ..rpm)
end

Again - to reiterate, the Racecapture dashboard gages are working flawlessly - so i know the data is getting from Megasquirt to Racecapture. But I'm really struggling to reliably access it using the Getchannel command.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!

I see you have also posted this to the facebook group, so we can continue helping there.

Thanks!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1