I'm Jonathan from Saint-Louis in Alsace (France).
I started to race motorcycle 3 years ago with a Triumph Street Triple, and have switch to a Kawasaki ZX6R now.
My old ST675 :
My new Zx6R :
I just bought a RaceCapture/Pro in order to improve my riding and settings. It looks really nice and is what I am looking for.
I intend to plug the following sensors on my bike :
* GPS signal (included with Racecapture/Pro)
* Accelererometer / lean angle
* Brake pressure
* Front fork travel
* Rear shock travel
* Front tire temperature (left/right side)
* Rear tire temperature (left/right side)
* Wheel speed front
* Wheel speed rear
To what ends?
I want to achieve the following tasks with the datalogger :
1. Rider improvements (the biggest part !!)
* Reach better regularity
* Where I am not precise enough (brakes / acceleration)
* Where do I need to lean the bike more
2. Motorcycle improvement
* shock reaction and better settings
* Green light wenn tyre are in good temperature range
* Is it possible to plug a MCU on the board (RS232) to expand functionnality? What is the frame format required? Is it possible to plug more than one device (expansion + dash)?
* How to retrieve data? Is-it possible through Wifi/BT/USB, as I don't want to open the bike each time?
* Could I measure lean angle directly? Is calibration required (the datalogger may not be on a flat surface?
* How to start a record? Is there an input available? Can I use magnetic beacon with splits?
* Is it possible to add a time channel in seconds absolute (instead of hhmmss.000)?
* How is the logging configured? Through a LUA script?
I am looking forward to setting up everything and starting using the system
Thanks for doing this autosportlabs !!!
Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!
1 post • Page 1 of 1