RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
CAN 2.0 interface I/O
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post CAN 2.0 interface I/O 
Let's say I have some sensors which output CAN2.0A in Motorola format( I have full frame spec) how can I configure RCP mkII for use with custom sensors/CAN2 protocol.

Also how can I setup second CAN to output CAN 2.0 custom frames?

I suck at searching or I just can't find documentation for this, it would be nice if so one could point me to proper docs.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Ok, found some resources:
http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro_Lua_Scripting
http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro_Lua_Scripting_Examples

Should be enough, but is it it? or there is some more?

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
For integrating a new CAN system this is the essential guide:

http://autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_Integration

What kind of sensors are they?


_________________
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post  
brentp wrote:
For integrating a new CAN system this is the essential guide:

http://autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_Integration

What kind of sensors are they?


That is what I wanted I think.

Brightwater
http://www.brightwater.co.uk/tms.html

I attached CAN spec from Brighwater. I will share code if/when I implement those;-)


*BTW, I was allowed to share it with RCP community.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Fantastic. Use the mapping framework seen in the integration guide to develop the mapping - post it here and we'll review.

Thanks for sharing!

-Brent


_________________
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post  
Ok, added to CAN database. thanks again! http://autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_database#Brightwater_Technologies


_________________
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post  
brentp wrote:
Ok, added to CAN database. thanks again! http://autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_database#Brightwater_Technologies


Thank you brent, I am implementing this now, will post soon.

You switched Mul with Add in table on wiki;-) Multiplier can't be 0 obviously;-)

Have few additional questions:

1. After defining virtual channel I do not see it on the list Select Channel. I can see my channels only on last screen where all the values are listed.
2. Can you consider external editor for LUA? The one from scripting tab...($%$$&^. For example when I use
Code:

print("DEBUG\n something")

it prints ok with newline, but after closing and reopening RCP code editor looks like this:
Code:

print("DEBUG
 something")


Wink

3. Is debug window is on the same UI thread with Script Editor window? Because it is so slow when Poll is checked.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Thanks for catching the error. Fixed! http://autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_database#Brightwater_Technologies

we don't yet have an external editor - that simply looks like a bug to fix! You can print newlines with a println() also.

We do have some optimizing to do for the log window when there is a lot of data. You can also view the log via a terminal program, following these instructions: http://autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_logger#Advanced:_Using_a_Terminal_Program

For the virtual channel update, we are fixing that in the 2.8.0 / 1.3.0 release of the firmware, coming likely within a week.

-Brent


_________________
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post  
brentp wrote:
Thanks for catching the error. Fixed! http://autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_database#Brightwater_Technologies

we don't yet have an external editor - that simply looks like a bug to fix! You can print newlines with a println() also.

We do have some optimizing to do for the log window when there is a lot of data. You can also view the log via a terminal program, following these instructions: http://autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_logger#Advanced:_Using_a_Terminal_Program

For the virtual channel update, we are fixing that in the 2.8.0 / 1.3.0 release of the firmware, coming likely within a week.

-Brent

Thanks,
3 more questions:-)

1. Why 10 vchans limit? 4 wheels x temp+pressure and I have only two left:-(
2. Can I update wiki myself or do I have to post here or send to some email?
3. How much Lua is supported? Which libs ?

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Here you go:

1) Actually, in the latest firmware you can set up to 30 virtual channels - just fixed the Lua documentation.
2) We have registrations constrained due to spam. Please email us at [email protected] to be a wiki contributor. Thank you!
3) Only the basic Lua libraries are supported and some math functions. We're looking to add the bitop() functions as well in a future firmware release. If there was a specific function you were looking for, let us know!


_________________
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post  
brentp wrote:
Here you go:

1) Actually, in the latest firmware you can set up to 30 virtual channels - just fixed the Lua documentation.
2) We have registrations constrained due to spam. Please email us at [email protected] to be a wiki contributor. Thank you!
3) Only the basic Lua libraries are supported and some math functions. We're looking to add the bitop() functions as well in a future firmware release. If there was a specific function you were looking for, let us know!


I updated wiki a little for Brightwater TPMS, I will fix and clean it ASAP:

http://www.autosportlabs.net/Brightwater_TPMS_CAN

http://www.autosportlabs.net/CAN_Bus_database#Brightwater_Technologies_.28WIP.29

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Thank you for updating the information!


_________________
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post AEM CAN 
If it helps, here are all of the AEM addresses, im planing to use my RCP with my AEM Infinity.


http://aemelectronics.com/sites/default/files/forumfiles/AEMNet%20150505_Public.pdf


_________________
Tony
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum