RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
CAN Data from Honda S2000
Post CAN Data from Honda S2000 
I'm in the process of setting up my RCP MK2 and OBD-II cable. I believe I have successfully configured and saved some OBD-II channels but I receive no data. Has anybody successfully read any standard PID data using RCP on a Honda? Does Honda need 29-bit addressing for MODE $01 PIDs?

It looks like some platforms are forgoing the standard PIDs in favor of custom PIDs. Any explanation why?

I am familiar with the S2000's PID block reads, but I have not looked into reading standard PIDs on the car. I am fully capable of writing the script to read custom channels for the S2000 but I am in crunch mode to get ready for a track event this Sunday.

Any help out there?

I can confirm the Hondas need 29-bit extended IDs for basic MODE $01 PIDs. Rather than a traditional 11-bit 0x7DF broadcast, it needs an extended 29-bit 0x18DB33F1 broadcast; rather than 0x7E0 ECU target, it needs 0x18DA10F1 ECU target.

MODE $01 - What does the ECU support?
TX 0x18DB33F1 01 00
RX 0x18DAF110 41 00 BE 3F A8 13

MODE $01 0C - What is the engine RPM?
TX 0x18DA10F1 01 0C
RX 0x18DAF110 41 0C 00 00

I used the presets for ODBII. I change the preset to 29bit mode and I was able to read RPM.
But I donít know other PID for S2000 mine is MY07 so I canít get other stuff to work. I was able to plug in OBDlink MX and it will read RPM and vehicle speed without me setting anything.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1