RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Pins soldered together RCP2??
Post Pins soldered together RCP2?? 
I am having trouble getting my telemetry working on a Racecapture Pro MK2 with a GSM module. (I believe it is the 2.5G type, can anyone confirm?)

The RCP2 board has 2 pins soldered together going to the GSM module, can anyone confirm whether or not they are supposed to be soldered together?

I have attached pictures of both the GSM module and the soldered pins.

Those should not be soldered together. Can you try unsoldering it?

Is this the first time trying to use it? What cell carrier are you attempting to use?

I have unsoldered the pins, and tried to setup the whole thing from scratch. I have updated the firmware and followed the telemtry guide.

I am using a danish operator called telmore, with a 3GB/month data-plan, which i believe shold be more than enough for 2 weekends of sprint racing per month. I have called the carrier and had them confirm that they are still live on 2G network, so this should not be the problem either.

I have pulled the log on the RCP2, and had the following:

https://pastebin.com/z89EQqHd

Correct me if im wrong, but i believe there should be an IMEI number in the last part of the log: ""cell":{"init":0,"IMEI":"","sig_str":0,"number":"","state":"unknown"}", which there is not. Cold the soldered pins have fried the GSM chip?

It is the first time i am trying to use it, the RCP2 was mounted in a racecar that i bought secondhand. i dont know if the previouse owner have had any luck using the telemetry.

In your log file I don't see any messages about attempting to communicate with the cellular module.

Try ensuring that the cellular module is turned on under Setup / Wireless, then, write, then power cycle the system.

You should see additional messages in the log after that.

Also, what firmware is the system currently at? The firmware is shown in the upper right of the app after it connects.

I was running 2.16.0, i just notice that 2.17.0 was released yesterday, so i updated. now i am running 2.17.0 and I am getting this Applicatoin Log:

https://pastebin.com/uyUGHGdJ

I tried pulling an Info log under scripting and got this:

https://pastebin.com/uM5ncqcM

There are alot of CAN errors, i don't have CAN connected at the moment, i dont believe this should effect the telemetry?

I have ensured that the cellular module os activated under Setup -> Wireless -> Cellular.
I have the correct APN acoruding to my cellular provider. I have Bluetooth and WiFi disabled to ensure they do not interfere with the GSM connection. i have disconnected the GPS antenna to make sure it doesn't interfere the the GSM antenna.

Under Setup -> Telemetry, I have background streaming enabled, and the correct Device ID

I have attached a picture of the window: System status - Cellular, which indaicated the cellular module has not been initialized.

For the RaceCapture log you have enabled "debug" mode. Set the log level to "Info" and you won't see the CAN messages.

The RaceCapture application log is not useful for this, so you don't need to include it.

Thanks.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1